FREE DEMONSTRATION AVAILABLE! Call 0845 862 9500 or click here
From a single breath, the NObreath® can provide an indication whether there is inflammation present in the airways.
NICE now recommends FeNO testing in latest asthma guidelines to help diagnose and manage asthma in adults and children.1
Watch Demonstration Video
About the NObreath® FeNO Monitor
The Bedfont® NObreath® is a simple to use handheld monitor that measures Fractional exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) in the breath. The device has been designed for use within the primary care setting and can be used on children as well as adults.
An adult patient blows into the NObreath® for 12 seconds giving an instant result for FeNO in ppb (parts per billion). The higher the FeNO reading the greater the inflammation in the airways.
Benefits of FeNO testing
- FeNO measurement is recommended to help diagnose asthma in adults and children1
- Taking a measurement is non-invasive, quick and easy to perform3
- Provides a complementary tool to other ways of assessing airways disease, including asthma.
- Shows patient’s response to treatment, enabling the correct prescription of medication.
- Aids in identifying patients who may require a change is dose of prescribed medication.4
- Shown to be superior to the majority of conventional tests of lung function, such as peak flow recording and spirometry.3
Package comes complete with:
- Bedfont NObreath® FeNO Monitor
- NObreathFLO mouthpiece attachment
- Interpretation chart
- 3 x AA batteries
Please note: Mouthpieces are required to be purchased separately
- Concentration range 5-300ppb nitric oxide
- Accuracy ± 5ppb of measured value 50ppb ± 10% of measured value >50ppb
- Repeatability ± 5ppb of measured value 50ppb ± 10% of measured value >50ppb
- Sensor sensitivity 5ppb Breath test time Adult 12 seconds Child 10 seconds
- Warm up time ~60 seconds
- Ambient air test 30 seconds
- Operating temperature range 10-30ºC (ambient)
- Operating relative humidity (environmental) 10-80% Rh (non-condensing)
- Sensor operating life 1-2 years; 6 month warranty
- Detection principle Electrochemical sensor
- Maximum ambient operating level 350 ppb
- NO Power 4.5V DC: 3 x AA (LR6 or equivalent) alkaline batteries
- Battery Life (1 set of 3 AA batteries) Up to 120 tests
- Display Colour LCD with touch screen
- Dimensions Approx. 152 x 87 x 47mm
- Weight Approx. 400g including batteries
- Construction Case – Polycarbonate/ABS blend with elastomeric overmould NObreathFlo – Polycarbonate/ABS blend Mouthpiece – Polypropylene
1. NICE Guideline NG80. Asthma: diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management. Context section under diagnosis and monitoring. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng80/chapter/Context
3 Andrew D. Smith, Jan O. Cowan, Sue Filsell, Chris MacLachlan, Gabrielle Monti-Sheehan, Pamela Jackson and D. Robin Taylor. Diagnosing Asthma: Comparisons
between Exhaled Nitric Oxide Measurements and Conventional Tests. Am J Respir Crit Care Med Vol 169. pp 473-478, 2004.
4 D R Taylor, MW Pinenburg, A D Smith and J C D Jongste. Exhaled nitric oxide measurements: clinical application and interpretation. Thorax 2006;61:817-827.
The vision on this model is brill! Very sturdy and ergonimic, would purchase again!Posted by Dr Dua | 02 April 2013 More
Great price. Made an offer on the item and got 10% off this item. Glad I got this. Most reliable Opthalmoscope available. Speedy service!Posted by Mr Coltyer | 09 May 2013 More